The Rural Fire Defense Program provides technical assistance and equipment placement services to new or established rural fire departments throughout the sub-state planning district. This program has the capability of meeting local fire protection needs by organizing and developing new fire departments within areas having poor or nonexistent fire protection services.
NODA can assist in the field of fire protection in the following ways:
- Secure funding through grant programs
- Develop mutual aid agreements between fire departments
- Establish County Fire Associations
- Assist in developing specifications for the design and purchase of structural and wild land apparatus
- Work with existing fire departments to improve insurance rates for homeowners and businesses
Contact the Rural Fire Coordinator